We went to Mound Laser to help plant a bioswale for them. This trip was also to start off our Nature Trail Project.
What I did
At Mound Laser I jointed a group to help plant plants and also put mulch around the area. We first went down to pick a spot were we could start planting the plants. The plants were already in there spots but they were still in pots. We took turns holding the plants and diging the hole. We all helped fill the clay/dirt in with fertileizer. After we planted all the plants we then went go get mulch and put it down. We helped each other spread it and took turns getting the mulch. We did this till all the areas were done.
Guiding Principles
- Environmental Impact-The bioswale we made would impact the environment health I think and it gives helps more plants to grow in that area. I would give is a good score because is don't affect is too much on the environment. It affects it pretty positively.
- Citizenship- We helped plant the plants to help the environment.This shows that we care about the environment. We also helped out other people other than ourselves. I would give this a good grade.
- Craftsmanship-We planted the plants and put the mulch over to make it look nice. We all worked together to put it together nicely. This would get a high grade because of the work and how it looked after.
I will remember that this is a good way to help the environment and make it look pleasing too. This helped me better understand the nature trail by what we are trying to do and how we can make it look nice. The bioswale is one idea to help the environment
Picture
![]() |
| This is the bioswale and us working on it. |

No comments:
Post a Comment